A leading PRC law firm, TransAsia Lawyers has advised on investments relating to China since the early 1990s.Our professionals are admitted to practice in China and various international jurisdictions. We enjoy a reputation for quality, efficient and practical legal advice.
Among other accolades, TransAsia was named “Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) Law Firm of the Year” for China by Chambers & Partners in both 2012 and 2013. In addition, the Youku-Tudou merger, on which we served as Youku’s PRC counsel, was named 2012 “M&A Deal of the Year” by China Law & Practice.
We are regularly consulted on not only legal issues, but strategic advice, and increasingly on outbound investments from China into overseas markets.We work across all sectors of the TMT industry, including film and television, Internet and e-commerce, IPTV and content streaming, broadcast landing rights, advertising, print media publication and distribution, online publications, and sports marketing.
Voted by Chambers and Partners as:
- PRC Law Firm of the Year for TMT in 2012 and 2013
- PRC Law Firm of the Year for Employment in 2010, 2011 and 2013
- Band 1 PRC Law Firm for Employment practice in 2012
Recognized by China Law & Practice as:
- PRC Firm of the Year for Labor and Employment Law in 2011 and 2012
- Legal counsel for Youku in 2012 M&A Deal of the Year
Representative TMT Clients
|Bloomberg||Creative Artists Agency||CBS|
|CCTV||Celestial Pictures||China Mobile|
|Fortune Magazine||Fox International Productions||Fremantle|
|Gameloft||Grüner + Jahr|
|Hewlett Packard||Imagi||Liberty Global|
|Lion Rock Productions||Microsoft|
|NBC Universal||NDS||New York Times|
|Nokia||Random House||Reed Elsevier|
|Renren||Research in Motion||Sohu|
|Time Inc||Time Warner||Viacom|
|Warner Bros.||Working Title||Youku|
TransAsia enjoys close working relationships with all the key PRC regulators responsible for the TMT sector, including the State Administration of Radio Film and Television (SARFT), the Ministry of Culture (MOFCOM), the General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP), the State Council Information Office (SCIO), and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).
We are often called upon to comment on, and provide official English translations of, new legislation, as well as to research new areas of law.
Note: On 8 March 2013, the Chinese government announced that the SARFT and GAPP will be merged. Further details are expected in the coming months.
- Member of CASBAA
- Legal counsel for the national CMMB operator, China Broadcasting Corporation
- Legal counsel for the China Film Group on all of its co-production projects
- Member of the Global Advertising Lawyers Association
- Legal counsel for China Mobile on its Internet JV project
- Founding member of the Shanghai IT Law Association
TransAsia has launched a unique initiative called ChinaGoAbroad.com (CGA), with the support of its co-founder the China Overseas Development Association under the National Reform & Development Commission (NDRC).
CGA is a bilingual members-only website dedicated to outbound investment from China. The project provides Chinese investors (state-owned enterprises, private companies and high-net worth individuals) a forum to find investment opportunities and related information, and global service providers and foreign asset owners a platform to promote their assets and expertise.
In addition, CGA offers confidential offline consultancy services for those members who do not wish to conduct their business over the Internet.
To learn more, please visit www.ChinaGoAbroad.com.
Other Key Publications
Our firm and our attorneys regularly publishes newsletters, articles and books on our many areas of expertise. For more information, click here.
We are frequently requested by government agencies to produce the official translations of regulations and guides.
- In 2012, the SARFT invited TransAsia to translate the latest regulations for their official publication of 57 essential pieces of legislation related to the radio, film and television industry.
- In 2010, TranAsia published the official Chinese translation, at the request of the SARFT, of the WIPO Guide, the authoritative guide on licensing copyrights published by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Suite 2218 China World Office 1, 1 Jianguomenwai Avenue, Beijing 100004, China
Tel: +86 10 6505 8188
Fax: +86 10 6505 8189
Contact: Jesse T H Chang / Philip Qu
Unit 1101 Platinum, 233 Tai Cang Road, Shanghai 200020, China
Tel: +86 21 6141 0998
Fax: +86 21 6141 0995
Contact: Jesse T H Chang
TransAsia (HK) Ltd.
Suite 1508 Central Building, 1 Pedder Street, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2521 3331
Fax: +852 2596 0834
Contact: Jesse T H Chang
TA Lawyers GKJ
Shiroyama Trust Tower, 15th Floor, 4-3-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-6015, Japan
Tel: +813 6809 2050
Fax: +813 6809 2051
Contact: Lucas Oliver-Frost
For more information, please visit www.TransAsiaLawyers.com.